Neutralize Harmful Bacteria While Using Less Chlorine
Harness the instant neutralizing power of ultraviolet light to “zap” unhealthy microorganisms like Cryptosporidium, Giardia, E. coli and other harmful waterborne pathogens in your pool in a matter of seconds. Ultraviolet light increases the effectiveness of your chlorine, along with reducing the overall amount of chlorine used on a weekly basis. Once UV light gets installed at the equipment pad of your pool, there is nothing else for you to do…it runs automatically!
Top Benefits of UV Water Disinfection Sanitizer Supplementation with Pentair’s Bioshield
- Neutralizes harmful bacteria and pathogens instantly
- Reduces chlorine usage which helps eliminate itchy skin, burning red eyes and chemical odors
- Energy-efficient, high-output UV lamps provide up to 12,000 hours of continuous operation
- Easy to maintain and can be installed in new or existing pools
- Low operating costs—uses about the same energy of a 60-W light bulb
How does it work?
UV sanitation systems eliminate chlorine-resistant microorganisms, which are common causes of pool closures. These systems produce UV radiation inside a light chamber via powerful lamps, which emit germicidal UV-C light that is used to disinfect pool and spa water. Pools and spas equipped with these systems consume fewer chemicals and allow sanitizers to be more effective, saving pool owners money. UV-C causes permanent damage to microorganisms almost instantly as the water circulates through the light chamber. By disrupting the microorganism’s DNA. Protozoans, viruses and bacteria are unable to replicate and remain inert.
For more information on the Pentair UV Disinfection Sanitizer- https://www.pentair.com/content/dam/extranet/pentair-pool/residential/brochures/pool-water-treatment/bioshield-uv-sanitizer-brochure-english.pdf